Project Officer: Ms. Katerina Ptackova
NUCL-EU is a project funded by the European Commission under the Euratom Programme of the 7 Framework Programme.
The general objective of the project is reinforcing the network of FP7 National Contact Points (NCPs) and third country contacts in the Euratom Programme.
It aims at creating an efficient, pro-active and sustainable Network for stimulating closer cooperation among all the Euratom National Contact Points.
The project has two specific objectives:
the reinforcement of the Euratom NCP Network.
the enhancement of Member States and Third Countries (involvement) participation.
News and Events Archive
ENC 2014 - The European Forum to discuss Nuclear Technology Issues, Opportunities & Challenges
11 - 15 May 2014
The European Nuclear Conference (ENC) is THE international get-together of nuclear science and industry in Europe.
For its next edition in 2014 ENC will focus on challenges faced by nuclear power plant operators.
One of our keynotes will give an insight into the complex maintenance issues faced by the Belgian Doel 3 and Tihange 2 power plants following Hydrogen Flakes in their Reactor Pressure Vessels.
Further subjects will be:
- How can we keep up excellence over an extended life-time of reactors?
- How can we cope with challenges facing national (and international) electricity distribution grids when faced with accepting low-carbon electricity from a diverse range of sources?
- What are the best investments for continuous safety improvements?
IGD-TP Manchester Geodisposal 2014 conference
24 - 26 June 2014
IGD-TP Geodisposal Conference will take place in Manchester June 24-26th, 2014.
The IGD-TP Geodisposal 2014 Conference focus will be to:
- Showcase the underpinning science, technology and stakeholder engagement in geological disposal
- Engage the countries with ‘less-advanced’ programmes and share best practice in geological disposal research and implementation
The sessions in IGD-TP Geodisposal 2014 will cover:
• Engineered Barriers
• GDF Design and Safety Case
• Less advanced programmes
• Radionuclide and gas behaviour
• Radionuclide biogeochemistry
• Societal aspects
• Waste inventory, characterisation and acceptance criteria
• Waste forms and criticality
Please note the important deadlines:
Nov 2013 : Registration opens
Jan 31st 2014: Abstracts for presentations due
Mar 21st 2014: Deadline for less advanced programme bursary registration
April 30th 2014: Deadline for early registration